02/12/2008

Jewelry and dried vegetables

Today was good thank you.
I have a big smile on my face.
I went to an interview and it was the professional equivalent of oral sex.
I had a pleasant walk from Kiraly to Raday utca.
I walked out of free will and personal desire, but I must say that walking seems a way easier option that finding any of those tram replacement buses.
They never come.
Even if they do come, you either ignore them because they have the wrong number or they ignore you because you are waiting at the wrong bus stop. Silly.
And if you manage to get on they will take you somewhere utterly unexpected and very inconvenient.
BKV.
Anyway. Walk people.
Than I have found my other Julia. We had a drink.
After that I came home and cooked some truly amazing mashed potatoes - try soured cream, rose peppers and boil the potatoes with "Rona" dried vegetables (szaritott leveszoldseg keverek)
2 spoonfuls. Wonderful.
Anyway.
And I have seen a piece of jewelry that I now desire.
In a shop where you simply must go - if you haven't been yet.
It is all Hungarian designers, Raday 31, www.sterling-galeria.hu, go-go-go.
You will love everything from their staff to their green bespoke display cabinets.


I have seen this ring there.
I can not forget it now.
It is 68.000 Ft.
It is not even for sale but I must have it.
It has a tree on it and it is timeless and flawless.
It even fits my tiny fingers.
I still suffer from parting-anxiety. Shock. Trauma.
Never me mind.
Here is a ring very similar from Krisztina Stomfai. My new favourite.
Object of desire indeed. And fish seems to be my theme today.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey friend, i am a friend of walking too... endless miles through the good old budapest. also cannot understand the new system of public transport - im afraid i never will. time is outrunning me and so i remain what i have ever been, a stranger in here, everywhere.

sorry to say you'll forget that ring. there's nothing you can hold on to. no escape. ;)

Budapite said...

Memory is a blissful bitch I know.