16/12/2008

The Wooden Spoon****

One of my lifestyle fantasies is to be a restaurant critique.

So my job description would read: to be wined and dined, to be served and smiled at, to be fed 3-5 courses of meals, never having to pay.

But than I also think, that I am capable of so much more than deciding if the spoon was clean and the salmon was pink enough.
And than to actually write about food.
It is like talking about sex.
Like reading about adventures.

But as a self appointed Budapest guide, I know I haven't done much of that - but it is my blog, OK? Do you have a problem with that punk?- I feel the need to share one special place with you:

The Fakanal. The Wooden Spoon.

The food is cheap and tasty, there are no toilets, service is cheerful and prompt, and the place is visited by university professors and homeless people alike.

It is right next to the Szabo Ervin library, brown iron shutters, in the basement, you cant miss it, down you go.


No comments: