01/12/2008

Not just now

I wanted to write about something, but I am not going to, only later on, when it will be still outrageous, but a bit more allowed to be vulgar.
I am taking a save approach of only tenfinger-mumble about life in general, sparing you the painful details.

For now it goes like:

I have watched my Brigit Jones DVD today because:

1. It was just one of those days. Ok? And yes I did have chocolate.

2. I have still 6-7 years before I hit her age, and the moral of the story is that there is still hope there. In fact for this fictional character life seems to just begin when she is 33 and that is very comforting.

3. It is very funny.

4. She looses and gains weight as she pleases and that is also hopeful.

I guess us Hungarian woman are more the desperate housewives type than singletons cum spinsters in their London lofts covered in crazy wallpaper.

And when I say housewife in Hungary I don't mean somebody who lives in a house and is married to a man. Not as defined by HBO and pop culture, but as determined by everyday chores, duties and strict gender roles.

Bla, bla, bla...

Off to bed with foolish me, may my dreams tear me away from my computer.

No comments: